WebAuth is an authentication method without encryption. It provides Layer 3 security.
WebAuth with Local WLC
- The client (end user) opens a web browser and enters a URL.
- Client resolves URL using DNS
- Client sends HTTP request to IP address of the site
- The WLC URL sends the user to a login page.
- If authentication is successful, the WLC web server either forwards the user to the configured redirect URL or to the URL the client entered.
It displays a page with a warning or an alert statement, but does not prompt for credentials.